Thursday, March 24, 2011

Window Benches...

...are being finished today.  Woot woot!  So excited about that.  Really...I'm doing happy hops in my desk chair as we speak.

Of course, that might have everything to do with having my crown molding finished in the kitchen.

Oh happy day.

Honestly...the Hub's and I just stood in the middle of the room after he nailed up that last piece and we just stared.  It's amazing the difference it makes in a room.  And really...?  I think now that I have it in 1 room, I'm gonna want it in all of them.  That and the paneled ceiling.  I'm addicted to paneled ceilings now.

So we're moving onto window benches today.  We already framed 'em in...we just have to build the actual box.  They're going to be a lot more storage which is totally happy.  I think I'm gonna store all my seasonal stuff in there.  You know...things you pull out every 3 months...

The exciting thing about that is that I can finally buy some fabric!  I've been shopping for fabric ever since this whole thing started.  And now...I can finally whip out the bank card and get it done!  So first fabric we're buying is the fabric for the long window bench seat.  It's about 6 feet long.

This is what I've picked out...
I love stripes.

Love them.

Hubs loves stripes.

We figured it would be a good choice.  I like the muted black...it's not quite black but not quite gray.  I really kinda like it.  Not to mention that its totally neutral and will go with my blues, grays, and greens.

I'm buying the foam today after work and the fabric is being ordered the instant I get home.  I'll do a tutorial on sewing the seat cover as soon as its completed.

I love this part of having everything come together.  This is the first time I've had inspiration pictures and let me tell you...they make all the difference.  They really help you to decide what you love and what you can live without.  What you can compromise on and what you don't want to compromise on.  More on that later.

No comments: