Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Inspiration Tuesday...

Ok...I first have to say how much I LOVE my blog readers.  When you found out about the Hubs' job...wow.  I love blogging because I have a support system of people I've never even met.  It's truly amazing to me.  I just needed to thank you all for your support.  You're amazing!

It's Tuesday which means I get to do more inspiration boards.  Woot woot!

Really...love these.

Today is the reading nook part of our living room.  Here is what I came up with.
Untitled



Sorry some of the items are a bit pixeled...they were the only pics I could find though.  

ALRIGHT!  Lets bread it down shall we?  

First and foremost, the chevron fabric.  It's actually NOT going to be chevron fabric...we're going to do a subtle greige and cream chevron pattern on the wall.  I'm gonna be taping it out and painting it on.  I'm thinking it'll actually be more of a herringbone...I'm kinda torn right now...but it'll be awesome.  I'm WAY excited about this.  It'll add a TON of personality which will help to keep the space fresh.  

I love art and photography and so we're going to have either a couple B&W prints or some typography prints that I've made hung up.  We're still debating that.  So I just put the frames on the board.  Haha!  

The chair is so awesome.  I love the plastic chairs but they don't seem comfortable enough to have in a reading nook.  SO!  This one has the look...but is actually an upholstered chair.  Haha!  I don't know if I'll go that route or not...probably not...but I just thought it was awesome.  

The table snuck its way onto the last inspiration board but it is in fact going in the nook.  I love the glamor it adds to the space while still staying pretty neutral.  So cool.  

The pillows are from West Elm's new line and I have to say...I love West Elm.  They have no idea I exist so don't take this as an advertisement 'cause it's not.  I just love them.  Their stuff makes me smile.  The pillows provide a very subtle animal print while at the same time...they're just a printed pillow.  And the colors...?  Ahhhhhhhhh...  Yup, they're kinda my favorite.  

The horse head.  Where do I start?  I LOVE THIS GUY!  I've had my eye on him for soooooooooooo long.  LOVE him.  He's going to be my first purchase for this room as soon as the Hub's gives the go-ahead to start working on it.  I just think he's got such personality and is pretty quirky and yup...love him.  Seriously...I've been ogling him for over a year now.

The books I'll end up getting from a thrift store...there's no way I'm paying over $300 for them.  Love you Anthropologie.  LOVE but that's insanely pricey for something I can re-create from the thrift store.  And the little birdie glasses?  Same thing.  I'll figure out a way to get them for not so much money.  That's be a bit more difficult but we'll figure it out.  

So there we have it.  Inspiration Tuesday.  Let me know what you think of my little nook ideas.  I love the idea of having a places specifically set aside for reading. 

No comments: