Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Inspiration Tuesday...

Ok...so after looking at the inspiration board for the office again, I decided it needed a bit of a makeover.

This is what I came up with...
office

So...the reasoning behind the board.  The Hubs and I compromised on a blue/orange office.  Anything else was too "girly" or too "manly" and it was really the only color combo he agreed on.  And when the Hubs agrees to something...I kinda have to jump on it. 

I love cowhide rugs.  Love.  The Hubs?  Yeah...not so much.  But I just couldn't find a rug I liked very well for the office.  Then I found this one.  Um...kinda think it's pretty durned awesome.  Now I know some of you don't like cowhide rugs.  In fact I'm sure there are people out there that pretty much hate them.  So you are probably looking at this and thinking it is horrible.  However...I love it!  It think it's so perfect for the space its going to go in.  It's the perfect color of blue and it's the perfect size.  


The orange file cabinet from Ikea is so great!  It fits right in with its modern lines and the orange color.  It really is the only storage space we need in there so it's just right for the space.  


The office is in a basement with 2 tiny tiny windows so I knew there had to be some extra light in there.  But I didn't really want a table top lamp.  Then I spotted this one and fell in love.  The Hubs really liked it too so we're gonna be getting it.  It's $87 for the table lamp and $108 for the floor lamp so I just have to decide which one I want in there.  


I have a love affair with gallery walls.  I just love love love them.  In the office we're going to be using the 2 walls behind the corner desk as a gallery wall BUT!  It's going to be artwork and photography that we do ourselves.  We are lucky enough to have an Air Force museum pretty close to our house so the Hubs is going to go take some artsy pictures of his favorite planes (he's obsessed with WWII planes) and then I'll edit them so they can be vintage looking and then we'll hang 'em up!  Also...I'm going to be designing some prints as well that will add some color to the art.  


We totally need a corner desk.  The one from Ikea is our inspiration but we're actually going to DIY one using some Ikea legs and plywood.  We'll start on that as soon as the room itself is done.  


I love that office chair.  I love Lucite furniture but I need a chair that rolls because I work off of my work computer and my personal computer.  I couldn't believe my luck when I spotted this one!  Score!

The airplane mobile is totally for the Hubs.  He really really loves his planes and this was just the perfect touch for him and helped to convince him to let me hang up the mirror.  I absolutely adore this mirror.  The price...?  Yeah, not so much.  So I'm on the look-out for a good knock-off.  But I just love it.  We're painting the walls a light turquoise so I'm debating whether to leave it white or paint it orange.  We'll have to see.  It'll be one of the last touches in there so I've got time to decide.  :)  

And while ceiling fans are not my favorite, the office needs one.  It gets kinda stuffy in the summer because of the lack of ventilation.  And that one really isn't all that bad.  In fact...I actually like it.  :)

So there you have it.  The updated inspiration board.  I can't wait to start pulling this all together!  But first...wood and sheet rock.  :) 

No comments: