Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Planning...

Ok...so this week has been kinda productive and kinda not.

Productive because we've made huge strides when it comes to planning.  Not...because we haven't been able to physically get much done.  I've come to realize that when it comes to your house re-model...you're gonna end up doing a LOT of talking things out and planning.  And that's good...because then things are done right the first time.  It's just frustrating at the same time because planning takes time...LOTS of time.

BUT!  On a positive note...we've researched and found out that we actually don't need sod or hydroseeding in the back yard.  We just need to wait until fall, till the ground, prepare the ground, and then spread out grass seed.  And then all winter that seed gets tons and tons of water and come spring...we will have a beautiful and lush yard.  My in-laws have a neighbor that did it that way and it was so so cheap for him and his yard is beautiful.  So that's going to save us a ton and we're going to be able to put that money into the pergola and patio area.

I also was able to research perennial plants that thrive in full sun and found some beautiful ones.  I can't wait to share what I found.  BUT!  It's unfortunately WAY too late to plant them this year (sad...) so I've ordered them but they'll have to wait until next year.  When they arrive I'll do a post on them.


So while I hate the planning stage of things...it's definitely a necessity and needed, I'm just an action oriented person who hates this part.  However...I'm going to dedicate an entire post to the planning end coming up here soon so you can see what we've been doing.  We just need to tweak a few things.   

No comments: