Friday, June 11, 2010

So I'm sure you all remember THIS post.  The one where I talk about our "dungeon?"  It's the post that Design Mom mentioned in her blog so I'm just SURE (wink, wink) you've all read it.

I read through all of the comments on her post and one thing stood out.  People commented that the owner of that room must not have children with their white couches or else they wouldn't have gotten white.  I had some friends and family tell me the same thing when I showed them the picture the first time.

If you look at the couch however, you notice that it is actually a slipcovered sectional.  Tailored slipcovers are something that I have become a HUGE fan of.  They're actually the PERFECT couches to get with children because if there's a spill...or any other kind of disaster...you take them off and throw them in the washing machine (or the dry cleaners...whichever your slipcover needs).  All of the interior design blogs I love so much actually recommend white slipcovered couches for families.

SO!  In honor of my love of slipcovered white couches...here are some of my favorites.  I won't repost my basement inspiration picture...you've all seen that...but here are some new ones.















There are our examples!  I think the picture with the little boy actually jumping on the couch is very appropriate.  :)  Shows how durable these slipcovers are.  What do you think?  Would you do white? 

No comments: