Wednesday, June 9, 2010

So to celebrate the fact that our master bedroom re-do has officially started...I decided to do a post on built-ins.

I believe we might just have one of the smallest master bedrooms ever, I'll post the measurements when I actually take them this weekend.  And the windows are so akwardly placed.  I think back in the '40's when our house was built they took into consideration what the exerior of the house looked like in regards to windows and didn't worry about the interior.

So what does this mean to us?  Simple...we're adding built-ins.  Not only will the built-ins help to "space" our windows...but they'll also add to the lack of closet space and help eliminate our other dressor.  SO excited about that.

Lets get to some pictures...since I know those are always my favorite parts of blog posts...





This one is my personal favorite...



So there we have it...  

A lovely tour of some built-in's.  We're measuring for our this week and then installing.  We're not sure if we're just going to make them ourselves (probably the cheaper option) or figure out how to just get some pre-made ones like the Youngsters from Young House Love did (the last picture).  I guess our measurements will be the determining factor.  And I'm kinda torn...I love look of curtains hanging in front instead of doors like in the last picture, but I also love the clean look of doors...like in the one I mentioned was my favorite. 

Any ideas on what you would do?  Doors or curtains?  And would you just build them yourself or see if you could find them pre-made? 

1 comment: