Friday, May 7, 2010

Our house has a dungeon. 


The people who "updated" our house decided that only short people would live in it and created a family room dungeon.

There are no windows.

The ceiling is 6 feet.  

The Hubs stuck his head up through the ceiling to see what was up there.

Lots of heating ducts.

I don't know how to re-route heating ducts and doesn't really sound like fun.

We've been debating what to do about it.

My thought is even if we could just raise the ceiling just a few would make a huge difference.

But what to do with an insanely dark room...

And then inspiration in the form of a photograph...

Ah....pure genious.

I LOVE the colors...or rather lack of color.

The ceiling isn't very tall in this room either.

I love painted cement.

I love the painted brick.

I love the wrap-around sectional.

I love the can lighting.

I love the modern urban mixed with the antique suitcases and trunks. 

I would probably add a rug...

Basically...I LOVE this room!

It's exactly what I'm going for.


It would make me happy.....


Heather said...

This is so cool!

Chic Coles said...

Love this room! It reminds me of an "in-home" movie theatre...there should be a big tv in there!

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

What a super cool room! I want to copy every inch of it.