Friday, May 21, 2010

So...in the hours leading up to my lovely little office mini-reno (I consider painting a form of renovation even if there is not demolition...haha), the ideas are just flooding in as to what we can do to make our basement somewhat more livable.

I just discovered air ventilation systems...I guess we're just slow, we really didnt' know about them.

That is definitely going to go somewhere down here...the question is where...

And I totally just had a killer idea to open up the entire basement.

I just have to talk the hubby into it.

I think I'm gonna see if an architect can come in and show us exactly what we can do b/c the hubs is a very visual person and I guess my little sketches don't do it for him...he needs 3D.

But check out these finished basements...
 
#1...
Love it.  

See the lower part of the ceiling though?  

Yeah...that's how low my entire ceiling is in the basement family room.  

Makes me a bit claustrophobic...

#2...
Are we noticing a bit of a trend in home theater basements?  

Yup...we really REALLY want to put that in.

The Hubs is still debating between a projector or a TV...but whatever it is...it's staying with the house so he can't get emotionally attached to it...  

#3...
This is probably more like what our basement would look like.

See the teeny tiny windows?  

Yup...that's us.  

But I really don't want carpet.  

We'd paint/stain the entire cement floor and throw down rugs.  

And with the ceiling...while I would LOVE to just drywall it, with a house built in the 40's and all older plumbing...I want a ceiling where I can access pipes and such.  

Not ideal but efficient.  

#4...
Ah...my dream basement.  

The tray ceilings...

The built-in cabinetry...

The beautiful can lighting...

One day...  

So there are my basements for the day.  

Tune back in on Monday though for an office before and after!  

Woot woot!!!



No comments: