Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Inspiration Tuesday

K...so I feel like time is just flying by.

It does NOT feel like an entire week has passed since my last post.  But so much has happened that I guess it has.

We have a condo that is a rental.  The reason for my lack of posting is because last week our tenants called us to inform us that the furnace went out.

OUCH!

We called in a professional and yup...sure enough, the furnace is a goner.

Oh the joys of home-ownership.

I hate expensive fixes like that.  It's one thing when it directly affects YOUR living area.  But when you have to spend 2 grand on something that doesn't directly affect you...it's hard.  Especially around the holidays when I'm supposed to be out buying Christmas presents.  :(

But enough griping.  The condo will get a new furnace which will help its resale value so that's happy.  And luckily...we've been doing Christmas shopping all year long.  I'm a big fan of that.

Anywhoo!  Moving on!

For today I decided to take on a white, green, and red kitchen without making it look Christmas-y.   There is also a bit of blue.

Here's what I came up with.
breezy kitchen

That (laminate) wood floor is from Ikea and is only $1.15 per square foot.  Wow! 

I love those curtains (also from Ikea).  They're just so bright and happy!  And Van Gogh is one of my favorite painters so to add some class and more color...here is his field of poppies painting.

Of course we had to use subway tile...my go to for back-splash. 

And the white table with the nifty Ikea chair and the stainless pendant is just so clean.  The fun part about that chair is you could leave it that color...or spray paint it whatever color you wanted!  

Those green Antrhro glasses have been a longtime favorite.  I just can't quite stomach their price.  So I recommend thrift-store hunting.  I see similar ones at thrift stores all the time. 

Anywhoo...there you have it.  A fun, bright, breezy kitchen. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bummer about the furnace, we just replaced ours too. But it wasn't so hard of a buy considering it's in our OWN house. We wanted to be warm this winter. :)

Heather said...

I love Van Gogh too, I don't think I've ever seen that specific painting before! It's a beautiful touch