Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day...

I just wanted to say how grateful I am for the beautiful little girl that made me a Mother.

I always thought that Mother's Day was all about the mom's. We would get cards and presents for our mom and they would get chocolate or a plant at church.

Now however, my perspective has changed. It's not all about me (honestly...it never was, there is my mom and Jeremy's mom, and grandmothers...and the list goes on), but this year...Mother's Day became a day where I was just so incredibly thankful for my little girl.

I kept looking at her and thinking "this is because of you, I got this flower, and the corsage (made by the primary) because I have you. This day is special because you came into my life. This isn't a celebration of me as a mom...this is a celebration of you being my daughter."

I can't help but feel so incredibly blessed to have this beautiful and special little girl in my life.

She is such a sweet spirit. She is so so feisty and yet so gentle. She knows what she wants and yet she tries to do what I want her to do.

And it's just so amazing to me how innately she knows what a mommy is.

She has her baby dolls and she's so sweet with them. She carries them all over the house, she pats them on the back, she tries to feed them her juice, she has me put a diaper on them, she puts them to bed...she's a mommy to her babies. And she's only 15 months old.

Seeing this understanding take place warms my heart more than I thought it would or could. It helps me understand that she knows my role. She knows that I will pick her up when she falls and hold her while she cries. She knows that I will sing her a song or read her a book. I will tuck her in when she goes to sleep. She knows I'm her mommy.

So my sweet girl...thank you for mother's day. I love having a day where I can contemplate the joy that came into my life when you were born. I love being able to have a day to thank our Heavenly Father for your presence in my life and to be so so grateful for the decision to become a mama...YOUR mama. It's a decision that has blessed my life in so many ways and has made me a ten times better person. All thanks to you. I love you baby! - love Mama

No comments: