Friday, March 12, 2010

A long time ago I lived with a room-mate who had lived in Italy for several years of her life.  In fact...Italian was her first language.

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Italy...and by always, I mean always.

I've dreamed of Venice...taking a gondola ride down the middle of the city.

Florence...wandering cobblestone village streets.

Rome...seeing the incredible originals of the Sistine Chapel...and many other sights.

And the list continues.

She would tell me all about her time there and bring me back little knick-knacks when she went back to visit.

One thing we would talk about was the Masqurade Balls.

You dress up in a ball gown and a beautiful mask...just like in the movie Ever After.

I've always wanted to go and the Hubby has promised me that it WILL happen.

I can't wait.

In the meantime...I decided to do a search on Etsy to find some pretty masks.

Here's one...

Image found HERE

So pretty.  I love the peacock and the black feathers.  And the black tulle?  Swoon...

Another option from the same seller...
 Image found HERE

Mmmmmm...can you just imagine a flamenco dress with this mask?

Black and red with lace.  Love.

A more simple yet no less stunning option would be this.


Image found HERE

So pretty and so classic.  You could do something truly dramatic with your hair and this mask would complement it perfectly.

But until my ball is scheduled...I think I'll make do with this...

Image found HERE

A simple and charming mask necklace that will always remind me of my goal and help it actually happen.

So pretty. 

So unique.

So perfect.

I'm ordering it today. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

These are awesome!